Packing and Home Protection
As an executive mover, our crews are trained and equipped to exceed the industry standard of providing care to your home. Prior to entering your home, our home safety initiatives require that floors are covered, carpeted stairwells are covered by carpet shield, door jams are protected, and banisters are padded. Of course we pad and wrap all your furniture and paper pad and shrink-wrap your over-stuffed furniture while it is still in your home. We go beyond just carefully packing, and delivering your valuables. We protect your homes, to the highest level possible.
A successful relocation requires a commitment to the process from both mover and customer alike. It is important to be present on the days of packing, loading and delivery.
Joyce Van Lines is experienced at professionally securing and packing valuable and delicate items. We strongly recommend that if your company’s move policy or your budget allows, that a professional mover pack your items. Our skilled crews do a professional job of getting your household goods ready for moving. If you choose to do your own packing, it is important that you use appropriate material and packing techniques in order to protect your goods in transit.
The pack and load crew assigned to your move will provide boxes and will often have more than one packer at your home during the packing. To make this process easier, we recommend that you prepare in the following way:
- Check the contents of drawers, removing all spillables and breakables.
- It is important to remove all jewelry, coins, or personal items from your drawers.
- Empty fluids from all small appliances.
- Defrost and clean the refrigerators and freezers so they dry at least 24 hours before the movers arrive. Failure to have the appliances completely dry can lead to mildew throughout your shipment.
- Leave all kitchen items in their cabinets. It is easier for the packers to remove and pack them from normal storage areas.
- Detach items you plan to move which are mounted to the walls such as curtain rods, TV brackets, light fixtures, etc. Your moving team will remove mirrors and pictures from the wall when they are ready to pack.
- Designate one area as off limits. Put all the items that you will be carrying personally in that area.
- Automobiles must be completely emptied of all personal items prior to shipping. Fuel tanks must be close to empty (approximately 1/8 of a tank).